Bosch Project Coordinator- Internship in Albion, Indiana
Our products and services are designed to spark enthusiasm, improve quality of life, and help conserve natural resources. We want to deliver top quality and reliability. In short: we want to create technology that is “Invented for life.”
Bosch brings together comprehensive expertise in vehicle technology with hardware, software, and services to offer complete mobility solutions.
The Thermal System group develops and sells components and modules for vehicle thermal systems for TIER-1 and OEM customers. The large product range covers engine thermal management and vehicle interior climate control. TS products contribute towards energy saving and emission reduction.
Project manager support for automotive. Interface across Bosch operational plant departments (logistics, manufacturing, tooling engineering, quality) to successfully support the launch new Thermal System projects for various automotive customers by managing sample builds: planning, aligning and executing shipments. Manages timelines, open issues, internal reporting of project status & risks. Facilitates discussions and information to cross-functional teams. Works independently with the Injection Molding, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Planning, Packaging, Logistics and Program Management teams to support customer product sample orders and internal sample orders. Will support sample builds, drive builds that ensure appropriate qualification of products, ensure accurate build quantities are completed, verify performance and scrap data record keeping is accurate and traceability of samples is maintained throughout the build process to ensure on-time, accurate delivery of samples.
Negotiates project samples trade-offs internally and with customers (there are synergies with international locations so you shoudl be able to deliver your message clearly to international teams). Manages communication to internal areas. Coordinates regular change management/project meetings.
This position requires you to spend about 45% of your working day in the shop floor.
· 1-3 years of industry experience: project management, sales, quality, purchasing, logistics, operations.
· Proficient in MS Project software - able to do critical path on timelines.
· SAP basics, 1 year working with the SW. a plus
· Able to utilize Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret manufacturing documents: operator instructions, packaging instructions, Control Plans, Process FMEAs.
· Decision making and risk reporting experience
· Proactive & autonomous
· Capable of solving conflicts
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret manufacturing documents (Operator instructions, Packaging instructions, Control Plans, Process FMEAs, etc.).
· Leading teams
· Strong personality
· Bachelor in Engineering preferred.
· 1 years of experience in automotive preferred.
· Basic knowledge of GD&T – understand dimensions and tolerances in drawings and CMM reports desired.
- Bosch Jobs