UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Technical Writer in Bedford, Indiana
Tracking Code F3500-20-1768-F
Job Code 20-1768
Posting Title Technical Writer
Post Date 11/12/2020
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Description TECHNICAL WRITER (F3500-20-1768-F)
Bowhead seeks a Technical Writer to support the Radar Technologies Division at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane in our Bedford, IN office. The Technical Writer will be responsible for providing support in regards to preparing, reviewing, revising and maintaining technical documentation. The documentation maintained will support information from the Program Office, customers, end users, project leads and other personnel. The Technical Writer must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be capable of working under strict deadlines. Technical Writers are expected to exercise independent judgment in creating and managing their own individual Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M). These POA&M documents will set forth milestones and deadlines to ensure current and future taskings are completed as required. They are expected to work productively with technical counterparts to ensure information is complete, understandable and accurate.
Essential functions will include:
• Collaborating with a variety of teams and customers to ensure correct information is incorporated into technical documentation.
• Must be capable of understanding, interpreting and synthesizing engineering drawings, and technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with ISEAs and SMEs, and other available sources.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to edit documents for technical accuracy.
• Will be expected to make recommendations and answer questions from customers as well as exercise independent judgment of when to escalate items to higher level staff.
• May provide direction to lower level Technical Writers.
Requirements • A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of two to three (2-3) years of relevant work experience in a professional, non-Government technical writing role. Additional years of experience and no degree is an allowable substitution for candidates with at least five (5+) years in a Government technical writing role.
• Prior experience supporting a program at NSWC Crane is highly preferred.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures is required.
• Must be able to work under challenging deadlines and be accountable for completing work within specified time frames.
• Strong planning skills with the ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and coordinate timelines and schedules.
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
• Excellent written skills in English and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs