Goldman Sachs & Co. Core Engineering – Legal Technology – Software Engineer – Associate - Legal Conflict and Internal Audit in Bengaluru, Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
RISK AND CONTROL TECHNOLOGY provides technology solutions that enable the firm to manage multiple aspects of non-financial risk such as technology, compliance and operational risks.
LEGAL TECHNOLOGY develops applications and systems that are used by and support Goldman Sachs’ global Legal organization. Key applications include legal matter management, document management and ediscovery services.
Part of Core Engineering, our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes targeted specifically to improve throughput and reduce risk for the Legal division in their service to the organization. Our systems are integrated horizontally across the organization to leverage legal services and manage the firm’s regulatory and reputational risks. Our team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.You will be expected to take full ownership of the projects you work on. You will take on major responsibility for the full end-to-end cycle of software development: interacting with users; collecting requirements and feedback; front and back end development; working with databases; writing tests; Agile methodology; and production deployment. Given the amount of work we have and the kind of responsibilities we entrust to our team members, you will be able to expand your knowledge quickly as a software developer and gain experience and understanding in multiple areas of the business that will help you excel wherever your career leads.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with business stakeholders and work with application development teams to design appropriate solutions
• Architect and build high performing, intuitive systems to solve the legal department’s key initiatives
• Adhere to and encourage best practices while participating in the full SDLC
• Opportunity to work on microservices architecture, NoSQL databases, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing technologies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
• Strong experience with Java and/or Python as well as RESTful web services
• Strong experience with databases, SQL, data modeling and ETL processing
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to partner with stakeholders to define solutions
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical & business audiences and working globally
• Knowledge of open source frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Web)
• Experience optimizing and performance tuning of RESTful web services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Job ID 2020-68525
Schedule Type Full Time
Function(s) Software Engineer
Business UnitRegulatory & Business Services
Employment Type Employee