Goldman Sachs & Co. IBD Tech - Syndicate Engineering Java Developer - Associate - Bengaluru in Bengaluru, Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team, collaborating closely with IBD Bankers to build business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings. Our platforms are used throughout all stages of deal execution including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. We are looking for talented engineers to join our Equity Capital Markets (ECM) and Debt Capital Markets (DCM) teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
• Are enthusiastic and willing to learn. Syndicate Engineering is growing and performing large scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Recent hands-on experience with Java 8, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
• 3+ years development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
• Exposure to Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
• Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
• Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to excel in a global team
• Experience using Agile methodologies
• Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Experience with Apache Camel, RabbitMQ (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
• Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitIBD Technology