Goldman Sachs & Co. Operations Engineering - Operations Engineering Mgmt - Senior Java Developer - Analytics & Client Experience Engineering in Bengaluru, Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Operations Analytics & Client Experience Engineering team provides front to back business insights to business lines, Operations and Technology leadership on various business functions through ML and data modeling implementations. We work on cutting--edge and strategic platforms to define our solutions for large scale problem statements - some of which are not just limited to our firm but cut across various industries as a whole.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop machine learning solutions that satisfy prototyping or production build-outs for features such as NLP, Text Analytics, sentiment and behavior detection, etc.
• Develop various predictive and prescriptive models with extensive training sets
• Thrill our internal stakeholders by rapidly and correctly delivering the most important features using iterative development and automated testing.
• Provide insight of business data and solve complicated domain problems with Machine Learning, Data Mining or Statistical Inference techniques.
• Design, document and lead the implementation of software and systems to help ensure optimal implementation of the neural network models, real-time analytics with enterprise data.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of experience with various technologies including Java and SQL
• Strong focus on automated testing
• Familiarity with core ML concepts, common supervised and unsupervised algorithms, feature engineering and feature selection, bias/variance, etc.
• Independent thinking, willing to engage, challenge, and learn
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
• 3+ years of experience delivering software products to product, with minimal on-going support costs
• Experience leading, coaching, and developing a team of 2-4 developers
• Experience working in iterative or continuous delivery environments
• Experience with test-driven development (jUnit, Mockito, Cucumber)
• Experience with data (UML) or process (BPMN) modelling
• Experience creating REST-ful web services
• Experience with micro-services architecture
• Also, experience developing Web UI using React/Redux would be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
LevelVice President/Executive Director
Business UnitOperations Engineering