Cook Medical Continuous Improvement Lead in bloomington, Indiana
The Continuous Improvement Lead is responsible for supporting the improvement of key performance indicators of manufacturing processes and other company continuous improvement initiatives by utilizing teaching, coaching, mentoring, and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies, techniques and tools.
• Coach, teach, mentor team members, assess results of changed processes, document results via data analysis and written project summaries, communicate results to team members and stakeholders.
• Analyze production utilizing problem solving methodologies to identify root causes and develop appropriate solutions.
• Develop and track KPI's (key performance indicators).
• Review various processes to determine opportunities for improvement & optimization.
• Conduct root cause analysis utilizing Lean tools to identify waste reduction.
• Analyze data & write project charters to create rapid improvement plans.
• Conduct time studies to develop efficient process flow and increase productivity.
• Train and mentor employees in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma, helping them to understand, embrace, and utilize those skills and further grow a culture of continuous improvement.
• Attend, present and provide data for meetings to include project updates and reviews.
• Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.• Must have effective communication skills, which may include oral or written• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimalsupervision.• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
• Minimum 3 years leadership experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience leading change initiatives.
• Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience with Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, or other improvement methodologies preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Life Science, Education or related discipline.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook; JBase, Livelink, Business Objects preferred.
• Ability to understand the overall and detailed functions of a business software application, statistical software such as Minitab is a plus.
Job Location(s)Bloomington IN United States
Position TypeFull Time