Baxter Research Associate III in Bloomington, Indiana
Summary: * Develops design strategies or research projects, which are non-routine within areas of expertise, with a focus on mass spectrometry for biological molecules. * Independently manages analytical method development, validation, and transfer projects or independently manages formulation development projects for internal and external clients. * Provides support for formulation scientists, as well as other departments within the Bloomington facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently plan and execute a series of design and/or technical tasks that may not be well-defined, have multiple variables, and require advanced techniques within negotiated deadlines. The scope of these projects includes both small and large molecules, and may vary from early pre-formulation and formulation development work to support of technical transfer of established formulations and processes to Bloomington manufacturing operations.
- Develop customer project proposals including budgets and activity schedules.
- Play a lead role in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various techniques, which accomplish business objectives such as quality and cycle-time.
- Conduct original research in field of expertise and present research to external audiences.
- Provide responsive customer service to external customers. May act as project manager of R&D limited customer projects, scheduling meetings, providing agendas, and issuing meeting minutes.
- Support department EMS and Quality initiatives.
- Devise new approaches to complex formulation and process development problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles. Incorporate new methods and technologies for improving existing or new products/processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant quality and regulatory requirements related to R&D (product development, design, and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection, and reporting activities.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and related regulations and guidance.
- Possess relevant laboratory/technical, writing, and computer skills.
- Utilize a logical, methodical approach in independently solving problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations.
- Possess good communications skills to establish rapport with internal and external customers.
- Must have experience/training in biological mass spectrometry (MS) methodology, including LC-MS
- Desired experience with other biological methods and methods for physical and structural characterization of proteins, including ELISA, plate assays, capillary electrophoresis, HPLC, XRPD, FTIR, UV, Peptide Mapping
- Desired experience with lyophilization of biological molecules, and characterization of lyophilized formulations.
Education and/or Experience:
PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, or other closely related scientific discipline required, with 0 – 3 years experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy
_Reasonable Accommodations_ Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Job: *Research and Development
Organization: *Baxter Research & Development - R&D and Innovation
Title: Research Associate III
Requisition ID: 180006HS