Allegion IT Software Engineer - Architecture in Carmel, Indiana
IT Software Engineer - Architecture
This position is responsible for defining and managing the complex technical architecture across Allegion’s enterprise applications to ensure timely delivery of innovative technical solutions addressing current and future business needs. The IT Architect will approach IT architecture delivery with a mindset for balancing agile delivery of business objectives with long term stability, scalability, reusability, technical feasibility and global applicability of the overall architecture. Primarily, the IT Architect will be responsible for the design, development, and advisement of technical solutions and services. Because of the close interaction with business customers and supporting IT teams, the IT Architect will require a deep understanding of requirements gathering and analysis, project planning, and testing support.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related discipline
• 3+ years of experience in the design, development, implementation and integration of enterprise applications
Required Skills and Competencies
• Have a passion for technology and willingness to explore and adopt emerging technologies for practical business purposes
• Bring an upbeat, positive attitude while enjoying working with an agile team to develop innovative technical solutions to help enable business growth, more reliable customer interactions, a secure foundation and ultimately improved customer satisfaction
• Understand the cloud computing paradigm using services such as Azure or AWS
• Have experience using an integrated development environment or application lifecycle management tool such as Visual Studio or TFS
• Be apt at quickly understanding new business domains and be creative and thoughtful about applying technology to improve processes and issues
• Ability to quickly build proof-of-concept solutions that are forwarding looking to how they could be implemented on a larger scale
• Demonstrated experience modeling the innovation behaviors of questioning, observing, experimenting, networking, and associating
• Mentor and share knowledge with other team members and across the Allegion IT teams
• Have the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, with various team members in roles that are both technical and non-technical particularly to give direction to other team members or present business value of various initiatives to leadership
• Proactively work to coordinating efforts with employees at all levels including internal business partners, other technology teams, external suppliers/consultants, service providers, etc.
• Be able to lead teams that may be globally co-located
• Ability to identify issues, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis
• Demonstrated knowledge in solution architecture and enterprise architecture design
• Experience designing applications that collectively integrate custom software, cloud architectures and commercial off-the-self software, and possess a keen awareness of the services available and benefits or trade-offs of each paradigm
• Demonstrated knowledge in software development methodologies and best practices, application lifecycle management, and development and automation tooling
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design enterprise class solution architectures with a mindset for balancing agile delivery of business objectives with long term stability, scalability, reusability, technical feasibility and global applicability (i.e. balance speed vs. cost vs. quality)
• Design interactions between systems to ensure reliable, fault-tolerant integrations using standard methodologies across the enterprise
• Develop technical strategies that can be consistently applied across the enterprise
• Develop specified application components or enhancements, as needed
• Assist in defining enterprise standards, business/IT models, implementation road maps, and other guidelines using relevant architecture frameworks for application and technical ecosystem architecture
• Identify technical risk in projects and develop strategies to alleviate it
• Communicate technical architecture direction and how it relates to business objectives to all levels of the organization through documentation, training, and awareness
• Advocate for the implementation and utilization of best practices across the enterprise
• Support innovation thru creative application of software and hardware architecture, design and development including proof of concept development of proposed solutions
• Analyze existing business processes, services, and applications to identify and follow-through with design improvements
• Be comfortable delivering technical solutions for projects leveraging agile project management methodologies
• Be able to communicate effectively in business terms and technical terms as appropriate
• Help to clarify, identify, and track requirements and project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required
• Limited travel is required
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.