Aerotek Analytical Services Chemist in Columbus, Indiana
A pharmaceutical company located in southern Indiana with a specialization in manufacturing generic medication is looking to grow their team. This is a close knit, laidback but goal-oriented team. They have a great work life balance and there is plenty of migrate opportunity, they are very cross-functional. You can transfer internally to other teams
This position is primarily responsible for developing, validating, transferring, and writing analytical methods and Common Technical Documentation for raw materials and drug products. This position is also responsible for the timely and accurate analysis of formulation and in-process samples from the Pharmaceutical Technology group and also involves supporting certain aspects of the Research & Development department.
· Analytical method development and validation for raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products
· Analytical method transfers with QC and external customers
· Write validation and transfer protocols
· Write analytical methods
· Provide well-written, accurate and timely reports
· Perform accurate and timely analysis of Pre-Approval stability samples according to development and/or approved analytical methods
· Perform all work using appropriate safety measures
· Document all lab testing and maintain accurate and legible notebooks and records
· Accurate and timely analysis of Pharmaceutical Technology support and applicable Research & Development samples
· Peer review of data, reports and notebooks
· Assist in maintaining lab equipment and facilities
Will accept degreed candidates with no practical lab experience
2 years of practical lab experience
Chemistry Degree or a Life Science Degree or Chemical Engineer Degree
Knowledge of cGMP, USP/NF, DEA, and FDA guidelines
NICE TO HAVE:
· Generic Pharmaceutical Experience
· Oral dosage pharmaceutical experience
· Experience with and application of CGMPs, USP/NF, FDA Guidelines and ICH Guidelines withing the pharma industry
· Strong Experience with ICP/MS, HPLC, GC, and Chromatography Data Acquisition systems.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. (Report writing, explanation of methods)
· Able to develop, troubleshoot, and validate analytical methods
· Able to troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of cross-functional team
· Experience with particle size by laser diffraction, ICP-MS, mass spectroscopy, dissolution and/or specific surface rea analysis is a plus
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs