TEKsystems Data Migration Specialist in Columbus, Indiana
The Data Migration Specialist will design, plan and manage all the data migration process activities related to data cleansing, data mapping and data migration, in test and production environments during this transition. This role will require an individual with experience in migrating large and complex data sets. This role will be interacting with both internal and external customers to carry out these critical business system migrations.
Essential Position Duties:
• Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
• Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
• Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
• Perform data migration audit, reconciliation and exception reporting
• Manage partner team members and serve as escalation point in carrying out migration plans
• Clean/Condition data, Convert or transform data, Reconcile, and confirm converted data. Find data errors, Validate data to business rules.
• Work with business experts to understand data and complete data mappings. Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data quality and data integrity.
• Analyze clients' legacy data/data models, and advise them on the best way to clean-up, manipulate and prepare their data for migration, including consulting on solutions for data fields that do not map directly.
• Create scripts to facilitate the extraction, transformation, and loading of legacy data, including clear documentation that can be used in other migration projects.
• Perform special data change and data cleanup projects on an as-needed basis.
• Maintain data maps and data conversion packages for common data conversion sources in source control
• Act as the project manager for migration-only projects by developing, monitoring, and maintaining project timelines
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of four year degree preferred
• Experience using D365 Data Management functionality
• Related data migration experience. (5+ years preferred)
• A strong understanding of data protection and data governance
• A thorough understanding of database systems and software experience with SSIS packages
• SQL experience in both creating and maintaining queries, views, and stored procedures in a multi-database environment
• Experience leading data migration activities within Dynamics 365 or NAV in a Global ERP environment
• Experience with relational database, data analysis, and data conversions
• Knowledge of current metadata standards
• Strong technical understanding of how databases of ERP and reporting systems work and understand the impact of good data on the usage and performance of these tools
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs