American NTN Bearing Mfg. Corp. Mechanical Engineer (NTN Driveshaft/ Columbus, Indiana) in Columbus, Indiana
NTN Driveshaft Inc., a world leader in constant velocity technology for the automotive industry, is currently seeking a qualified Mechanical Engineer for our Columbus Indiana operation. NTN currently has 1800 employees working in our Columbus operation and customer demand for our product is growing rapidly. NTN Driveshaft manufactures Constant Velocity Joints (CVJs) for all of the major automotive companies. These customers include Honda, Ford, Toyota, GM, Chrysler and most other automotive OEMs.
The successful candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Conduct surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids. Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Perform Mechanical engineering duties surrounding the following; mechanical devices, components, engines, transportation equipment, environmental control, materials handling, machine tools, robots, automated manufacturing equipment, and power producing machines such as internal combustion engines.
- Manage construction document printing process.
- Manage project issues, budgets, and schedules.
- Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Coordinate the activities of the design and construction teams.
- Other duties as assigned
Fully qualified candidates should possess the following:
- 3-5 years of experience and success as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Experience working with one of the following: Forging, Stamping and or, Tool and Die.
- BS degree in applicable discipline.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership and team building role, with ability to coach and develop direct reports.
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and fundamentals
- Strong computer experience utilizing Microsoft programs and applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
NTN Driveshaft offers competitive wages and a full range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry standard. These include medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and on-site clinic. NTN Driveshaft is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.
Qualified applicants should apply online at:
Under the Job Posting: “Mechanical Engineer (NTN Driveshaft / Columbus Indiana”
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: Indiana-Columbus-8251 International Drive
Organization: Engineering, Automotive
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2020, 7:28:10 AM
Req ID: 825196