American NTN Bearing Mfg. Corp. Safety Specialist (NTN Driveshaft/ Columbus Indiana) in Columbus, Indiana
NTN Driveshaft Inc, a world leader in constant velocity technology for the automotive industry, is currently seeking a qualified Safety Specialist for our Columbus Indiana operation. NTN currently has 1700 employees working in our Columbus operation and customer demand for our product is growing rapidly. NTN Driveshaft manufactures Constant Velocity Joints (CVJs) for all of the major automotive companies. These customers include Honda, Ford, Toyota, GM, Chrysler and most other automotive OEMs.
The successful candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Will investigate work-related injuries and illnesses and administer first aid when required, as well as file any required workers compensation claims on behalf of the associate with appropriate vendor.
- Monitors and improves safety and health operations within the organization
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Safety or related field in environmental, health and safety.
Osha experience required.
Experience in Indiana environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
Able to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Able to work under very general supervision.
Strong computer skills including Office and an excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Preferred 3-5 years of experience performing EHS operations in a manufacturing environment or equivalent required.
- Must have experience building a progressive safety culture within all levels of a manufacturing environment, including promoting safety awareness, maintaining and improving policies, written programs and procedures.
- Strong background in Ergonomics, Lockout, and process risk assessment is a plus.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of OSHA, EPA and all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations, and have experience working with these agencies - - as well as maintaining all compliance of environmental permits (including air, water, and waste) and committed to improving an ISO 14001 program.
- This position will also maintain EHS training records and related documents, as well as provide guidance and oversight of the associate safety committee.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills
NTN Driveshaft offers competitive wages and a full range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry standard. These include medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and medical clinic. NTN Driveshaft is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.
Qualified applicants should apply online at:
Under the Job Posting: “Safety Specialist (NTN Driveshaft / Columbus Indiana)”
Job: Industrial Safety and Health Engineers
Primary Location: Indiana-Columbus-8251 International Drive
Job Posting: Nov 12, 2018, 8:04:11 AM
Req ID: 825182