Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Draftsman/CAD Operator I in Crane, Indiana
Draftsman/CAD Operator I
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
DRAFTSMAN/CAD OPERATOR I – (CRANE-18-0547-F)
Bowhead is seeking a Draftsman/CAD Operator I to work in a challenging and rewarding environment on the Bowhead team in Crane, IN. The Draftsman/CAD Operator I will assist in the preparation of working plans, detailed drawings and complete mechanical or electrical
drawings and layouts of components and assemblies. Items such as schematics, interconnect lists, parts breakdown, printed circuit board tape ups, wire lists, etc. will be reviewed and reported from notes, verbal instructions and rough or detailed sketches
for engineering or manufacturing purposes. The Draftsman/CAD Operator I may take measurements or make observations of shop and field installations, make routine engineering computations, prepares specifications, and makes adjustments in drawings and specifications
as required. The Draftsman/CAD Operator I will assist in the preparation of material lists and engineering orders, change requests, and other documentation as required. Qualified candidates will have experience with Solid Edge software as well.
Other Duties may include:
• Provide personnel workload assignments and oversight of Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) work performed by other contractors.
• May act as a liaison between Government and contractor personnel.
• Will interface with Management, RTA and COR to discuss performance issues, requirements and metrics.
• Assisting with design and layout of graphic presentations.
• Provide drawing reviews to ensure tolerances and specifications are accurately captured.
• Cooperating on joint projects and work without technical supervision.
• Assisting with design of covers and layout of level three technical drawings.
• Reviewing all electrical and mechanical technical drawings for placement into programmatic documentation.
• Updating layered technical drawings and maintaining all project drawings.
• Creating and reviewing manual drawings for engineering projects.
• Developing pictorials of component layouts within prototypical systems.
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred, however completion of a technical trade school in CAD; drafting or a related field may be considered in lieu of formal education.
• One to two (1-2) years of relevant experience in a draftsman position is required.
• Experience with Solid Edge software is highly sought.
• Navy and/or Marine Corps related experience desired.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a clearance at the SECRET level. US Citizenship is required for clearance at the SECRET level at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41