Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Electrical Engineer in Crane, Indiana
Full Time / Part-Time
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (CRANE-18-0989-W):
Bowhead seeks multiple Electrical Engineers (EE) to join our team in Crane, IN. The EEs will assist in providing services in support of technology upgrades for CAC2s and AC2SN. This includes providing technical and acquisition engineering support services in
the areas of scientific/engineering analysis and studies, test and evaluation, technical data support, drafting, and Electrical design.
The EEs will design cable and connector pinouts, create cable drawings and pinout diagrams for vendors and oversee the construction and procurement of electronic systems. These EEs will also design electrical systems for a Marine Corps command and control system
from given requirements that must be able to properly connect cable terminations, power supplies and other products. The EEs will also design, build and verify custom chassis to be installed for a Marine Corps labs system as well as fleet C2AOS systems. They
will be responsible for writing requirements for vendors and working as a liaison with vendors to ensure timeline and functional requirements are met.
Bowhead is looking to speak to experienced professionals for this opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Incumbent employees are encouraged to apply. Please contact Elizabeth Gunnell at Elizabeth.Gunnell@bowheadsupport.com.
• BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required at a minimum, however a Master’s degree in Engineering is highly preferred.
• Must have a minimum of four to five (4-5) years of Electrical Systems Development Engineering experience, preferably in a Marine Corps application setting
• Working knowledge of controls and power distribution (including how to balance power within a system) is required
• Must possess demonstrable experience in cable and connector design to include shielding and assembly is required
• Must have working familiarity with fiber optic systems and national instruments data acquisition hardware
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Experience with Microsoft Project, AutoCAD (or similar 2D drawing software) and/or Solid Edge (or similar 3D drawing software) is highly desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41