UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Engineering Technician V in Crane, Indiana
Tracking Code FC55-20-1250-W
Job Code 20-1250
Posting Title Engineering Technician V
Post Date 10/6/2020
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Pay Rate $29.04
Travel Up to 25%
Description ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN V (FC55-20-1250-W):
Bowhead seeks an Engineering Technician V to join our team in Crane, IN at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC Crane). The Engineering Technician V will perform assignments that are non-routine and complex and the position involves responsibility for planning and conducting complete projects of varying sizes and scopes. The Engineering Technician V will be responsible for selecting and adapting plans, techniques, designs or layouts, will work with personnel to resolve problems and will coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes and integrates the technical work of others. The Engineering Technician V may be assisted by and train lower level technicians.
Essential functions will include:
• Designing, developing, and constructing major units, devices, or equipment; conducting tests or experiments; analyzing results and redesigning or modifying equipment to improve performance; and reporting results.
• From general guidelines and specifications (e.g., size or weight requirements), will develop designs for equipment without critical performance requirements that are difficult to satisfy such as engine parts, research instruments, or special purpose circuitry. Will analyze technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculating design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc. May check and analyze drawings or equipment to determine adequacy of drawings and design.
• Planning or assisting in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance. Will determine test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducting these tests using all types of instruments; analyzing and evaluating test results, and preparing reports on findings and recommendations.
Requirements • High School diploma or equivalent is required in addition to six to eight (6-8) years of experience with the above mentioned duties
• Prior experience with NSWC Crane Operations is required
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs