UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Engineering Technician V in Crane, Indiana
Tracking Code GXP-21-0588-F
Job Code 21-0588
Posting Title Engineering Technician V
Post Date 4/23/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Pay Rate $30.00
Travel No Travel Required
Description ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN V (GXP-21-0588-F):
Bowhead is seeking an Engineering Technician V to join our team in supporting a newly awarded, five year contract at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division. This contract will support the Strategic Systems Guidance, Navigation and Control Division (GXP). GXP’s mission is to provide electrical, electronic and mechanical design engineering, software engineering, acquisition, development, new design concepts, software and hardware platforms, production, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, reliability, maintenance, and sustainment functions for a variety of platforms, missile systems, and test facilities.
Duties will include:
• Assisting an integrated project team consisting of multiple professional disciplines with creative and efficient solutions to multiple projects that require Electrical Engineering support.
• Managing and organizing multiple technical tasks for multiple technical projects simultaneously.
• Planning and conducting a project from inception to implementation by selecting and adapting plans, coordinating personnel and work and reviewing, analyzing and integrating the technical work of others into the final design and implementation.
• Creating, reviewing, understanding and maintaining drawings of varying technical complexity.
• Interacting effectively with customers in identifying requirements and outlining solutions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bowhead personnel in the GXP Division will provide support services areas of research and development; system/software/safety engineering, analysis, design, test and evaluation; prototyping, preproduction and fabrication; reliability and maintainability; logistics and configuration management; quality assurance; in-service engineering and field service; material handling, maintenance and repair, and inventory management services.
Requirements • A High School diploma or equivalent is required at a minimum, however a BA/S in Engineering is highly desired
• Additionally, must possess at least ten (10+) years of professional experience
• Must have experience in a technical field in a professional setting and must possess practical knowledge of science and/or engineering as well as mathematics or computer science
• Must be able to communicate efficiently with management via reports including providing updates on work progress
• Prior experience supporting NSWC Crane is preferred
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs