Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Junior Logistics Specialist in Crane, Indiana
Junior Logistics Specialist
Full Time / Part-Time
JUNIOR LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (FC02-19-1269-F):
Bowhead seeks a Junior Logistics Specialist to join our team in Crane, IN at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division. The Junior Logistics Specialist will perform various tasks related to the planning, development, implementation and management
of a comprehensive, affordable and effective systems support strategy. The Junior Logistics Specialist will be expected to work productively with technical counterparts to ensure information is complete, understandable and accurate. The Junior Logistics Specialist
will be responsible for making recommendations and answering questions from customers and must be capable of exercising independent judgment of when to escalate items to higher-level staff.
Essential functions will include:
• Supporting the Task Manager with all assigned tasking and data calls.
• Supporting the collection and monitoring of data and creation of reports and preparing presentation documentation.
• Reviewing documents, technical data, and related reports and supporting the development of logistics plans.
• Collaborating with a variety of teams and customers to identify, prioritize, and assess key logistics assets and infrastructures.
• Assisting in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures.
• Reviewing of Technical Documentation Packages (TDP), which may be conceptual or production based.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and one to five (1-5) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• Prior experience supporting NSWC Crane preferred
• Valid Driver’s License is required
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level, however candidates with an active Secret clearance are highly desired. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41