Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Systems Programmer in Crane, Indiana
Full Time / Part-Time
SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER (SAMR-19-1309-F):
Bowhead seeks a Systems Programmer to join our team in supporting the Small Arms Division of the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Crane Division. The Systems Programmer will provide programming services for the development and modification of the Management Support
and Data Analysis (MSADA) legacy system, which is a Data Management Repository database. They will be responsible for maintaining and sustaining the current system, in languages compatible with the NMCI environment. Qualified candidates must be proficient
Other essential functions will include:
• Maintaining existing web based applications, and implementing new web based capabilities for Small Arms Weapons Accountability. This includes implementing based applications in VB, NET, ASP, NET and HTML.
• Performing software development tasks, including software requirements definition, software design, coding, unit testing and integration testing.
• Working with multiple Special Warfare and Expeditionary Systems Department activities as well as external organizations and agencies in the creating, testing, implementing and/or transitioning of new software techniques and capabilities.
• Serve as a team member and technical advisor in the area of Computer Science Technologies and be called upon to provide in-depth technical support to the Small Arms Weapon Systems Division, Registry & Allowances Branch.
• Designing and developing operational and user interface software for Management Support and Data Analysis (MSADA) system.
• Working with the Department of Defense and other agencies to test and develop software that will be integrated into the MSASA system supporting the Warfighter.
• Installing, configuring and upgrading MS SQL server software and related products.
• Conducting sound backup and recovery techniques as well as performance monitoring to meet business standards.
• Providing general technical trouble shooting support for database issues.
• Developing technical documentation, proposals/business cases, reports, white papers, presentations and conducting presentations to senior leadership, customers and partners. Will also interface with the technical community, the program office and will routinely
interacting with members of the military and their civilian counterparts.
• Documenting all modifications and updates to the database and providing status and recommendations for improvement to the Government monthly.
• Developing and formatting output reports compatible with the NMCI environment as well as presenting these status reports to the client as needed.
• A Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field is required in addition to at least two to five (2-5) years of experience in a programming or developing software role
• Must meet the baseline certifications for IAT Level II certification and must complete a minimum of 40 hours of continuous learning per year to maintain credentials
• Demonstrable skills in software requirements documentation, design, testing, code development and implementation of software
• Must have working knowledge of DoD Information Awareness requirements including Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) tracking, Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes and other Cyber Security efforts as required by DoD
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts and excellent public speaking and presentation skills are required
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41