Acuity Brands Manufacturing Engineer Job in Crawfordsville, Indiana
We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Location
The Indiana Production Facility (IPF) is Acuity Brands’ largest manufacturing site in the USA. The facility is located about 45 minutes west of Indianapolis in the small town of Crawfordsville, Indiana, in the middle of Montgomery County. Love the outdoors as much as we do? Then you’ll enjoy the surrounding parks including Turkey Run and Shades State Parks, or renting canoes at Clements Canoes Outdoor Center. These scenic locations are perfect for boating, fishing, hiking, camping and picnicking. You can also visit a local sporting event at Wabash College, or make the short 30-minute drive to DePauw or Purdue Universities for more.
About this Team
If you have always wanted to have the freedom to develop and implement manufacturing processes in a lean framework, look no further. This position will allow you to use the lean principles that Acuity embraces while you to find new and inventive methods that enable our team to excel. You will have the opportunity to work hands on with our manufacturing team as well as be part of new product development to ensure our day to day operations are successful
How you will contribute:
The Manufacturing Engineer performs a variety of mechanical and electrical engineering work in the planning and design of products, tools, machines, and manufacturing processes. You will work with other engineering disciplines in the development of new products to increase production quality and efficiency. You will provide production support through the resolution of equipment related issues for purchased or in-house manufactured tooling.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Responsible for collecting and reviewing production data from production cells to ensure implemented process improvements are sustained.
• Identify and support production quality processes and procedures to increase production throughput and eliminate impact to the customer.
• Participate, lead and facilitate kaizen events to improve internal LEAN manufacturing (ABS) processes to increase production's efficiency and quality.
• Train production operators on lean principles and manufacturing processes to increase production's efficiency and quality.
• Lean Cell Design.
• Work with Cross-Functional teams in the planning and designing of new products to ensure their manufacturability.
• Research and review industry trends and technological advancements for products and processes.
Qualified Applicants will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or Engineering Technology.
• 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, with strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
• Demonstrated accomplishments with resolution of quality issues.
• Experience and Foundational Knowledge of Lean Principles, Lean Cell Design, and demonstrated ability in continuous improvement.
• Knowledge of engineering concepts and principles - Design for Manufacturability, Failure
• Mode and Effects Analysis, Design/Process Control Methods.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities to resolve issues with mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Knowledge of machine tools including welders, mills, lathes and various mechanical and electrical hand tools to create prototypes.
• Proficient Computer and Analytical Skills.
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreaderoptimized.pdf and here at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-VerifyParticipationPosterES.pdf for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Req ID: 1901
Nearest Major Market: LaFayette
Job Segment: Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Manufacturing, Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Acuity Brands Jobs