Flanders Control Tech in Evansville, Indiana
This position is responsible for Assemble routine to moderately complex control panels, wire panels, and assist with on-site installation of panels. May assist with the repair of electrical components.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble routine to moderately complex control panels.
- Read and interpret electrical layout drawings and diagrams to determine appropriate panel layout and wire placement.
- Lay out enclosures, back panels, and components per drawings. Work with Engineer, Designer, Foreman and/or Controls Technician III to ensure proper placement and adjustments.
- Assemble and mount components to enclosure and back panels after approval.
- Print wire labels and create and engrave panel tags.
- Install and wire basic to moderately complex controls per detailed electrical
The position requirements are:
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Three years control panel and/or electrical experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical characteristics of materials and their applications.
- Working knowledge of electrical symbols, and electrical components including their uses and applications.
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment including DMM’s, Hipots, Meggar’s, etc.
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical diagrams.
- Knowledge of AC/DC motor control technology highly preferred.
- Good computer knowledge including Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic to moderately complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to standard/routine duties within set company standards.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, hoists, fork lift trucks, and other equipment.
- Ability to operate hydraulic shear, chop saw, band saw, drill press, etc.
- Travel may be required.
Location: Evansville, IN
Job Type: Internal & External