Berry Global Corporate Automation Engineer- Cups and Containers in EVANSVILLE, Indiana
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Berry Global is now seeking a Corporate Automation Engineer to be located in Evansville, IN or be remotely located within the United States. The selected candidate will play a key role in supporting new capital projects from concept to completion. The projects may range in size from $50,000 to $10MM in scope with an emphasis on large scale “End of Line” automation. This position will have shared responsibilities in multiple plants. Ideal candidate will have controls and mechanical hands-on experience.
· Monitor and apply safety standards to maintain a safe working environment.
· Work with corporate and plant teams to develop detailed scope of work for system solutions.
· Lead project management efforts from scope development through system delivery.
· Provide electrical/mechanical installation support and technical expertise during new project launches.
· Provide technical support on current and future continuous improvement projects.
· Create training instructions and standard operating procedures for use in equipment implementation.
· Train production and maintenance departments on use and maintenance of new equipment.
· Responsible for adherence to all company, industry, and regulatory procedures.
· Responsible for participating in post project review.
Associates degree in Technical field or Equivalent experience.
· Effective and concise communication skills.
· Motivated, self-starter, with a willingness to lead and grow.
· Personable, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with Corporate Engineers and plant personnel.
· Prior project management experience.
· Organized and detail oriented individual with prior ISO compliance experience.
· Reasoning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work well in a goal oriented, team environment.
· Strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
· Project management/organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
· Experience in end-of-line automation in Injection, Thermoforming and/or Blow molding.
· Experience in PLC, motion controls, and vision inspection control platforms.
· Experience with plant CAD design layout and/or 3D modeling.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Domestic travel (up to approximately 50% (EVV) and 80% (Remotely Located))
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID 2020-8136
Position Type Regular Full-Time
- Berry Global Jobs