Newell Brands Tech Electrical & Controls in Fishers, Indiana
Position Title: Maintenance Controls Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Location: Fishers, IN
Perform necessary job duties to support production by using advanced technical methods and providing department technical leadership while driving continuous improvement.
• Possess continuous desire for learning and improvement pertaining to the position.
• Generate ideas for process and department improvement.
• Perform functions in both team environments and individually as well.
• Demonstrate technical leadership for team and peers.
• Provide aid for co-workers in tasks and in training.
• Take lead in team development by sharing knowledge and experiences
• Develop methods for preventive and predictive equipment maintenance.
• Perform necessary work including analytical troubleshooting for all of the needed technical disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic.
• Install and maintain a variety of electrical equipment such as motors, drives, power and light circuits, starters and circuit breakers, diagnose electrical circuits, including solid state controls
• Diagnose and repair computer equipped controllers for manufacturing equipment.
• Create/update equipment schematics & drawings.
• Use shop mathematics, charts, tables and handbook formulas.
• Perform work from complex drawings, wiring diagrams and sketches.
• Assist and instruct "in training" classification machine repair personnel or apprentices as required.
• Operate CMMS to log maintenance activities, evaluate machine maintenance history and analyze PM effectiveness.
• Complete all relevant training provided by Newell Brands
• Maintain safe and clean work area.
• Adhere to all safety procedures.
• Understand and adhere to all relevant Quality standards and the quality management system.
• Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
• Follow change order process and develop PLC ladder code “if required”.
• Work with management, IT and Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the maintenance team.
• Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
• Actively participate in organized improvement concepts, TPM and Kaizen.
• Aid in development, implementation, and design of controls of equipment
• Communicate work items effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
• Maintain continuous effort in development of the understanding of evolving technology
Minimum 3 to 5 years of well-rounded electrical maintenance experience
Completion of a related vocation training program or certification preferred
High School diploma or equivalent work experience
In depth knowledge of electronic systems, PLC’s, VFD, Servo Drives and electrical systems.
Knowledge of Allen-Bradley software including RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000 and
Knowledge of PC communication such as Ethernet and serial communications
Trained in electrical safety – arc flash, LOTO
Ability to use a computerized work order system
Time management and problem-solving ability
High attention to detail and judgment based on written procedures and guidelines
Ability to work well with others and cooperate with team members and leadership team
Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
Familiarity with computer aided drawing software.
Basic computer skills
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
Sitting at workstation approximately 25% of work time, standing and walking approximately 75%
Lift / push / pull up to 75 pounds
Ability to twist, reach, and bend
Requires ability to reach, grasp, and manipulate objects
Ability to operate various machine and hand tools
Involves moderate risks or discomforts and special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, pallets, trucks and machines.
Ability to wear provided PPE including hearing protection and steel toed shoes.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs