IHG Franchise Hotel - Chief Engineer in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Franchise Hotel - Chief Engineer
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Location: United States, Indiana, Fort Wayne
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Fort Wayne - (FWAIN)
Job number: FRFWAIN796
Click here if you think this job is inappropriate.
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees .
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer .
We are an individually franchised property managed by Superhost Hospitality. We are People Focused and Performance Driven .
Your day to day
As Chief Engineer you’ll manage the engineering/maintenance of your hotel and ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members. You’ll be a master multitasker and be comfortable with any repair needs. Motivating and training your team with the skills to keep our hotels always looking their best.
· Manage daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place
· Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
· Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures
· Maintain relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, others as needed
· Help guests needs to ensure their satisfaction
· Use a maintenance program to ensure the hotel is maintained and in service for our guests
· Maintain and order parts and supplies while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
· May be responsible for hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards
· Unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done with short notice.
What we need from you
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits. We have a sign on bonus and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
What we offer
· Some college or advanced vocational training, is preferred however not required.
· Four years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
· Experience with HVAC and refrigeration is a plus
· Hotel experience and CPO certification preferred
- IHG Jobs