Lincoln Financial Group Sr. Analyst, Product Owner - Annuities in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
As the Sr. Analyst, Product Owner – Annuities, you will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex Business System Analysis projects and initiatives. You will also advise and collaborates with business stakeholders to define and validate complex information technology solutions that meet the needs, goals and objectives for Lincoln’s Annuity business.
• Serves as Product Owner for Agile POD/Build Team(s) and Business Analyst(s)/Business System Analyst(s) prioritizing and coordinating the enhancements to Annuity Data Repository.
• Writes up stories/requirements for Agile POD/Build Team(s) and Annuity Data Repository enhancement work including all items necessary to align and be current with product releases.
• Submits User Acceptance Criteria and completes User Acceptance Testing
• Point of contact for issues with Annuity Data Repository/Operational Data Store.
• Point of contact for issues with Data Marts.
• Help drive adoption and business intelligence for Annuity Data Solution
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects.
• Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of the business.
• Directs, advises and collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to determine complex technical specifications from business requirements.
• Develops complex technical solution requirements.
• Using structured requirements process, clearly articulates, documents and validates complex technical requirements.
• Advises and provides expertise to appropriate internal stakeholders to assess and deliver proposed complex technical solutions which meet business requirements and/or which integrate process, business rules and business data with technology.
• Provides direction and collaborates effectively with appropriate stakeholders on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects.
• Determines and advises the most appropriate technical response to identified complex problems, issues and/or defects by assessing impact and prioritization.
• Provides complex technical research and analysis to support business operations needs and presents findings to management or project leader.
• Determines complex IT best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
• Provides a complex understanding promoting the business usage of information technology (IT) and helping technology add value to the business.
• Serves as a mentor and shares knowledge with more junior team members.
• May develop complex test plans and perform testing as needed.
• Will update reference tables as needed within the Operational Data Store.
• Directs and/or participates in the planning/estimating of projects.
4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)_Minimum Required in Information Technology
• 5 – 7+ Years of experience in business systems analysis that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
• Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
• Evaluate trends in data or information.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
• Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
• Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
• SQL and Database knowledge preferred, but not required
• Working knowledge of Informatica Data Analyst tool preferred, but not required
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs