United States Steel FP&A Analyst I in Gary, Indiana
9081BRMid-Level:Industrial, Svc Center & Mining Solutions FP&A Work Location:GARY WORKSJob Description:JOB SUMMARY:
This position is an analyst position reporting to the Director of FP&A for the ISCM Solutions business unit. This is a highly visible and challenging position working with all levels within ISCM Solutions. The position requires a highly-motivated self-starter who is extremely analytical and has excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams within the enterprise. The team will depend on the FP&A Analyst to partner with ISCM Solutions operating leadership, the sales organization, S&OP, FP&A, Quality, RCM and other areas to drive value throughout the organization by minimizing operating costs and increasing margins. This position is critical to providing analytical support related to U. S. Steel's strategy, critical business priorities, and the achievement of sustainable profitability and economic profit.
KEY/SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Work alongside the ISCM Solutions’ operating management, forming a trusted business partnering relationship.
• Provide analytical support and recommend alternatives to drive overall cost improvement.
• Provide analytical support and recommend alternatives through capital planning.
• Drive process improvements that result in improved reporting and transparency on key margin drivers.
• Provide analytical support and recommend alternatives for quality, planning and RCM related activities.
• Drive process improvements that result in improved reporting and transparency on Carnegie Way benefits.
• Support the development and presentation of business cases to plant and executive leadership that includes proactive, appropriate, and insightful analysis and commentary on operating results and activities.
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Ability to clearly and consistently communicate sensitive, complex or difficult information using simple terms and an appropriate style for the audience.
• Ability to contribute to high performance teams, take action to pursue opportunities, address issues, or solve problems through team cohesion and collaboration.
• Ability to translate ideas into tangible action plans to help achieve critical business priorities; lead actions to improve or transform products, processes or systems to ensure they are efficient and effective; proactively help to mitigate change implications and overcome resistance to change.
• Ability to confront tough issues in a creative manner and leverage well-developed team relationships to assess and resolve issues.
• Skills: Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Essbase, and Oracle (or equivalent ERP system)
Level Dependent upon experience.Auto req ID:9081BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:FP&A AnalystState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:Gary Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.