United States Steel Plant Reliability Specialist II in Gary, Indiana
10779BRJob Description:United States Steel Corporation has immediate openings for a Plant Reliability Specialist. The Plant Reliability Specialist will provide ongoing technical support to Operating units for the identification of opportunities to increase the reliability of equipment assets to world-class standards. This person will create an atmosphere that supports continuous knowledge transfer between Operating units at the plant level.
• Provide leadership, expertise and direction in the implementation of Maintenance
• Reliability strategies across all Flat Roll manufacturing facilities.
• Responsible for development and execution of multiple improvement programs and projects across the Maintenance and Reliability functions.
• Provide technical expertise and support to ensure that Preventative / Predictive Programs, Maintenance Planning Processes are executed to meet current and long term objectives.
• Responsible for providing leadership, direction and assistance in conducting analysis of system maintainability and reliability studies of equipment; develop and utilize appropriate surveillance and feedback systems to generate and evaluate data.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis of systems and subsystems within a manufacturing environment.
• Conduct field analysis of operations, investigations, evaluation and reviews and provide feedback to appropriate functional groups including executive staff.
• Knowledge of the finishing process is a plus.
• Identify Operational delays and lead activities for problem-solving and continuous improvement activities. Develop monthly progress reports for Operating areas under your responsibility.
• Develop effective PM’s for equipment to support business unit metrics.
• Provide direction for Q.I.T. and other support groups to assist Operating units and meet Business Plan objectives.
• Interact with other Operating facilities to ensure consistent practices are maintained.
• Earned B.S. in Engineering, 4-year Technical Degree or equivalent years of demonstrated knowledge in a maintenance environment is required.
• Level and compensation based on experience.Auto req ID:10779BRRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Reliability EngineerState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:Gary Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver ResultsEqual Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)Job Category:Manufacturing & Production Diversity Commitment:UNITED BY STEEL - We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are all responsible to live these principles and lead by example as we prioritize the physical and psychological safety of every team member.