United States Steel Quality Assurance Engineer I in Gary, Indiana
10532BRMid-Level:NAFR Quality Work Location:GARY WORKSJob Description:United States Steel Corporation is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer at our Gary Steelmaking Facility who will be responsible for implementing the quality assurance program in the manufacturing facility, including partnering with the Operations team to monitor for adherence to quality standards.
Specific duties of the position include:
• Review customer specifications.
• Provide metallurgical technical support to Operations management.
• Identify process changes for quality improvements and analysis of process and product data.
• Perform quality audits and manage the quality system.
• Provide the producing facility with technical and quality systems support, including rejection analysis, and process improvement recommendations.
• Apply education/technical experience and utilize problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
• Provide technical service to internal customers in physical and metallurgical characteristics of process and products and quality control.
• Develop and review various quality reports, conduct various quality meetings, perform daily audits to ensure operation is running within defined operation/quality parameters and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering or BS in Engineering.
• 1-3 years exp. in Steel or Heavy Industrial manufacturing
• Skills in developing collaborative relationships to achieve results, analysis, continuous improvement and verbal and written technical communication.
• Familiarity with ISO 9001 and API Q1 quality system requirements is a plus.Auto req ID:10532BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Quality Assurance Engineer IState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:Gary Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Preferred Skills:Material Science Degree preferred.Competency Summary:Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver ResultsEqual Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)