Anthem, Inc Advanced Analytics Analyst Sr. or Consultant PS14656 in Hamilton, Indiana
Advanced Analytics Analyst Sr. or Consultant PS14656
Location: United States
Field: Reporting & Data Analysis
Requisition #: PS14656
Post Date: 3 days ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Advanced Analytics Analyst Sr / Consultant (Job Family) – 1 position
work at home OR Internal in an Anthem office – preferred: Richmond, Atlanta, Ohio, or Indy
The CCQM Team in search of an Advanced Analytics Consultant/Analyst Sr (based on experience) who will be responsible for creating statistical models and visualizations to predict, classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics. They will design modeling studies to address specific business issues determined by consultation with business partners. They will also conduct analysis on interventions and programs to prove statistically significant improvement and shifting in HEDIS rates. They must be well versed in completing the analysis, pulling and sorting data to complete the analysis, as well as presenting outcomes and showing results of the study. We leverage Tableau and PowerPoint within our team to prepare summaries of our analysis to our customers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Build, test, and validate statistical models
· Prepares analytical data sets in support of leadership asks related to financials and clinical quality measures.
· Partners with other business areas to evaluate vendor value, understanding data elements provided to and from vendors, establishing appropriate study designs to understand the effectiveness of programs.
· Publishes results and address constraints/limitations with high level business partners, but has the ability to explain concepts to more novice users.
· Ability to tell impact on HEDIS rates and the ability to prove statistical significance leveraging study designs, control groups, and analytical tests.
· Determines the continuous improvement opportunities of current predictive modeling algorithms.
· Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost and other variables.
Requires the following:
· Doctoral Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or equivalent training and mastery; minimum 10 years’ experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
· Prior clinical experience and/or knowledge of HEDIS Specifications, dollars associated with measurements and quality improvement
· Strong working knowledge of Tableau and/or other visualization tools.
2+ 2+ years of Tableau development required
· Strong experience in HEDIS, Hybrid Data Collection and Analysis for both Medicaid and Medicare.
· Proven ability to design modeling studies with proven ability to present meaningful results to a business audience
· Experience in large complex systems, including a solid background in effective use of multiple environments (PC, server, mainframe, intranet).
· Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization and at different levels, coordinate multiple work efforts, and translate business needs into practical applications and solution.
· Demonstrated experience in managing the design, development, and continuous improvement of complex healthcare data systems, tools, and reports.
· Experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets.
· Advanced expertise with software such as SAS Stat, SAS ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalent.
· Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Teradata, SQL, SQL Server, or equivalent required.
AnAnthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.