Goldman Sachs & Co. Digital Experience - Workflow Engineering - Digitization Engineer - Java in Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Drive the convergence of workflow platforms across the firm to promote process consistency and allow for the gathering and analysis of metrics.
The Business Digitization Engineering team builds world-class technology solutions for digitizing all kinds of critical business processes across Goldman Sachs. Our platforms manage millions of events and business decisions every day, and run tens of thousands of processes daily in order to guarantee that vital business operations run on time. We need world-class engineers to solve complex challenges of scaling our platform to meet the demands of the business as well as solve real-world problems every day from one of the world's most demanding and fast-paced business environments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build world-class technology solutions delivering enterprise-scale technology in real time at huge scale
• Be part of our continual drive to innovate and uplift our platforms to take advantage of new technologies (such as contributing to open source, machine learning, cloud platforms)
• Learn from a motivated and dedicated global team who are dedicated to coaching and mentoring the next generation of technology experts and leaders
• Partner with engineering and business teams across the firm to use the power of our platform to solve their business problems in a powerful and elegant way
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong programming expertize in Java to an advanced level (with knowledge of the latest Java concurrency, streaming, non-blocking and functional language programming primitives and libraries) is a core requirement.
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
• Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
• Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with BPMN (Business Process Modeling and Notation) or DMN (Decision Model and Notation), in particular using these to model real business problems
• Experience in the financial industry
• Experience working on large-scale technology platform solutions involving real-time guaranteed delivery, multi-site infrastructure, low-failure, fault-tolerant systems
• Exposure or experience with in-memory databases (Gemfire/Geode, Ignite, H2)
• Exposure to Reactive systems programming (e.g. Akka)
• Knowledge of RDBMS, particularly DB2; NoSQL database platforms and distributed analytics and search software (Elasticsearch); and distributed storage systems for structured data (HBase)
• Knowledge of C#, .NET 4.5 platform with WinForms and WPF
• Knowledge of Shell scripting such as bash
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office object model; experience of integration with Office products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitEnterprise Platforms