Goldman Sachs & Co. Engineering - ETO and Vendor Management - DCPG - Windows Platform Engineer in Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs is seeking an experienced Windows engineer to be part of the Compute Engineering team. Candidate should possess at least 5-7 years of professional experience with Windows operating systems, Powershell scripting, performance testing, and security patching. Candidate will design, engineer and support large enterprise virtual desktop environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
• Evaluate and test commercial solutions to help drive "Buy vs. Build" decisions
• Engineer automated platform testing solutions in order to evaluate performance or functional impacts of monthly security patches prior to production release
• Execute performance testing of new server hardware models and hypervisors prior to adoption
• Involvement in full software product lifecycle: analysis, technical design, testing, release, support
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Knowledge of Windows OS internals and platform engineering experience
• Powershell scripting experience
• WSUS and Windows security patching
• Experience with automated testing tools and synthetic benchmarks like SpecJBB and iometer
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with tools like Login VSI
• Experience with R and Python
• Experience with Citrix in a VDI environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitTech Infrastructure - Staff