Goldman Sachs & Co. Engineering - ETO and Vendor Management - ETO - Systems Support (ETO - Platform Services) in Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Includes support for Storage and Backup, UNIX System Administrator , Windows Administrator, Database
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Experience in Enterprise and Midrange EMC SAN Storage & Data protection environment
• Administration and troubleshooting skill on: Networker, Data Domain
• Administering the Networker Management Console Server and command line exposure
• Administration and troubleshooting skill on: Clarion/VNX, DMX/VMAX, CISCO SAN and HDS
• Experience in SRDF & SRDF/A operations
• Experience in Tape Library management and troubleshooting
• Responsible for Day to day operational support of Storage & Backup environment.
• Monitoring, auditing, Incident, alert troubleshooting and resolution
• Capacity Management, Planning and Reporting
• Performance Management & Troubleshooting.
• Scheduling/execution of planned infrastructure changes, events and fulfillment of user requests.
• Good understanding of enterprise level change, incident and problem management processes.
• Effective Communication, Analytical and troubleshooting Skills
• Good knowledge on Unix/Windows
• Basic knowledge of networking
• Python, shell scripting knowledge will be a plus
• Good to have Banking and Financial domain knowledge.
• Relevant Experience in managing Linux & Solaris Operating Systems
• In-depth knowledge of UNIX technologies, support and process lifecycles in enterprise systems: Linux, Solaris e.g. mechanics of kernels, process lifecycles, DNS, NIS, LDAP, Autofs, NFS, AFS, TCP/IP, jumpstart, kickstart.
• Experience with virtualization technologies.
• Understanding of EMC technologies mainly SAN / NAS and associated Protocols.
• Should have sound Technical knowledge on Active Directory, Windows Administration, MS Exchange knowledge, and understanding of Citrix environment. Windows based Server environments (Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server) – MCSA or MCSE on 2003/2008/2012 preferred – Troubleshooting skills mandatory
• Installation & Setup
• Network Configuration
• Event Viewer and other Windows Administrative Tools
• Performance Monitor and other performance management tools
• Minimum 2 years of experience in managing Exchange 2007/2010 based Messaging environment
• Troubleshoot mail flow/performance issues
• Install/configure/maintain Exchange 2007/2010/2013 server product
• Managing Exchange 2007/2010/2013 high-availability clusters
• Public Folder replication and load-balancing
• Expertise on Windows Administrative Tools, Resource Kit Tools, Windows Support Tools
• Windows Security fundamentals
• Logon and Authentication (logon scripts)
• Security Policies (Account Policies, Local Policies, Event Log, System Services, Registry)
• Distributed File Systems
• Experience with Server OEM Management tools:
• HP System Insight Management
• Dell OpenManage
• Remote Lights-out based tools (iLO/DRAC)
• Experience in performing Active Directory related activities:
• AD Object management (User/Group/Computer)
• Site/Subnet management
• Group Policy creation/deletion/link/unlinking/etc
• Experience in working on one or more Software/Patch Deployment software such as UpdateExpert, SCCM, WSUS, etc
• Experience on Scripting on Windows Platform – VBScript/WMI & Powershell
• Effective Communication, Analytical and troubleshooting Skills.
• Must be Quality oriented and focus on driving excellence.
• Must have experience in operating under Incident and Change Management process/procedures.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Ability to follow operational run books provided by Subject matter experts
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a shift, under strict deadlines with high quality of delivery
• Perform daily checkouts and performance monitoring of applications and key infrastructure services
• Provide Level 2/Level 3 support for alerts generated by the firms monitoring systems
• Manage issue and case escalations to SME and Engineering teams.
• Scheduling and deploying of monthly Microsoft Patches and Quarterly system build releases.
• Deploy application and system components to target servers globally using firm standard software distribution tools and processes.
• Installation of Sybase, Sybase IQ and DB2 environment globally.
• Installation, Configuration, upgrade and Maintenance of heavy Sybase replication server environment
• Manage database spaces which include Unix FS administration/creation of raw devices on Linux for Sybase, Sybase-IQ and DB2.
• Manage technical projects that support key initiatives within the firm.
• Build Automation tools to reduce manual executions of daily activities by writing shell scripts and Perl programming.
• Troubleshooting database and other problems.
• Performance / Tuning skills and versed with the tools.
• Ability to work alone against deadlines and to solve problems with minimal supervision.
• Weekend support is a requirement and is done on a rotational basis. Technology: Sybase (12.5.4->15.7), Sybase IQ (15),Sybase replication (15.x),DB2 (9.1 to 10.5), Linux ( 4.5-6.5)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• See Fullfillment potential notes
• Fluency in scripting languages like BASH, PYTHON OR PERL
• Dtrace/Systemtap experience.
• Broad knowledge of high-performance, highly-available computing environments and integration of technical products into complex environments.
• Financial Services/Enterprise experience is preferred.
• Must be a self-starter, a team player, and be able work in a fast paced, environment.
• Excellent analytical and problems solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written).
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Experience in managing Blackberry Enterprise Server environment (installing hotfixes/policy management/troubleshoot mailflows)
• Marimba Deployment Manager – using EPTuner, command-line (runchannel.exe, tuner.exe) – performing mass deployments of Marimba channels to Windows machines
• Bigfix/WSUS/SMS/SCCM – for Patch Management/Software deployment
• Sharepoint 2013 administration
• SCEP Antivirus Management
• Administration using Citrix Presentation Server console
• Academic knowledge of using SQL Server to perform SQL queries and data manipulation
• Microsoft Excel 2007 / 2013– using features such as Pivots, Data Connections, etc
• SQL Server Reporting Services – ability to connect to data repositories and design dynamic reports using SQL Server reporting services
• VMWare Virtual Center/vSphere Console – experience in perform Administration activities using Virtual Center console (such as restarting Virtual Machines, connecting to VM Remote console, VMotion, etc)
• 3 to 7 years’ experience as a DBA supporting large scale implementation
• Strong experience in Sybase database administration, maintenance and implementation in a complex system environment
• Extensive exposure to Sybase 15.x, 12.x database administration under Linux platform.
• Experience with UDB/DB2 administration
• Strong Sybase Replication experience (Replication Server 15.x, 12.x) and knowledge on Distributed Database Management System
• Strong working knowledge on DBA tasks, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Sound knowledge on Unix OS, Perl Scripts, preferably Red Hat Linux
• Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
• Strong team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
• Results oriented and highly flexible
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitTech Infrastructure - Staff