Orchard Software Competitive Product Analyst in Indianapolis, Indiana
COMPETITIVE PRODUCT ANALYST
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:* *
The Competitive Product Analyst is responsible for a continuous and deep understanding of the competitive differentiation between Orchard Software Products and those of our competitors. This will require a very collaborative working relationship with Sales, Marketing, Product Management and the Executive Leadership Team to bring a structured process to continually assess key differentiation in our Orchard’s product suite.
Manages the gathering and prioritizing of competitive product strengths and weaknesses by actively researching those competitors on the web. Additionally, research will be conducted at tradeshows and most importantly through detailed analysis of our competitor’s products and business practices from clients willing to share that information. The information gathered will be put into a structured format to deliver meaningful differentiation, where it exists, through working sessions with sales and marketing at least twice annually.
Competitive Product Information Gathering for use in a Competitive Analysis
- Gain a thorough and detailed assessment of Orchard’s competitor’s products and Services and conduct a comprehensive Competitive Analysis with the output being defined strengths and weaknesses by product and customer segment.
- Setup a detailed system for monitoring, tracking, assessing and reporting current competitor’s as well as new arrivals to the competitive landscape. Examples of this type of proactive research would include google alerts, memberships in key healthcare organizations and a system to monitor changes to competitive marketing efforts.
- Assist in strategic planning for development and launching of new products based on knowledge of Orchard Products, our Competitor’s products and the healthcare marketplace terrain. Lead cross-functional teams to bring expertise to the competitive analysis process.
Competitive Product Assessment
- Fully Explore new market opportunities as directed by ELT/SLT**
- Perform extensive market research on competition as directed by ELT/SLT**
- Develop focus groups of users and solicit specific customer feedback.
- Create format to use/distribute competitive intelligence and key customer insights in collaboration with Sales and Marketing.
- Evaluate competitions sales strategy and tactics to include distribution channels and pricing.
- Conduct secondary research, including finding information from industry associations and payor lead initiatives especially Government led initiatives.
Sales and Marketing Programs
- Review Sales and Marketing Programs prior to executing them to ensure they are incorporating the latest competitive intelligence
- Work with VP of Marketing and VP of Product Management as well as Product Marketing Manager in composition of industry-leading materials. Contribute competitive product knowledge as needed.
**ELT= Executive Leadership Team and SLT=Senior Leadership Team
* _Education and Experience:_*
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Certified Product Manager or previous similar experience strongly recommended.
- Ability to effectively interact and partner with executive management, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- At the core this person should be a curious learner.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and timeline driven projects simultaneously and must be able to hit deadlines and meet time bound commitments. Strong organizational skills required.
- Effective public speaking; verbal acuity and spatial awareness
- Ability to think and reason creatively and extemporaneously while speaking in front of group audiences.
- Possess and demonstrate command of laboratory industry acumen and have been a recent user of either Orchard’s software products and/or competitive products.
- Possess advanced computer skills (sales contact system, power point, excel)
- Demonstrated history of problem solving
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
Domestic and limited international travel required, estimating 25-30% of the time. Must be able to travel through multiple time zones; maintaining high energy level. Typical travel position; able to manage luggage and computer bags during travel, and visits to client locations. Ability to move in and out of laboratory environments in a non-disruptive manner, required.
Orchard Software is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position: Competitive Product Analyst
Location: Carmel, IN
Job Id: 394
# of Openings: 1