Belcan Design Group Lead in Indianapolis, Indiana
Design Group Lead
Job Number: 283601
Category: ENG - Design SBU
Description: A Design Group Lead job is available in Indianapolis, IN. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you need to have a Bachelor degree and at least ten years of experience. You will be responsible for applying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments involve technical leadership of teams of engineers and designers to accomplish project tasks. Tasks may be small projects or portions of large projects. Must possess excellent communication skills and strong leadership abilities.
Design Group Lead job duties:
• Leads team in the development of project scope, or develops it independently.
• Provides technical direction to the team.
• Reviews time tickets, yearly performance reviews, and salary actions.
• Participates in design reviews and provides action plans.
• Coordinates between disciplines, vendors, and field.
• May fill Project Manager or discipline lead role.
• Acts as technical consultant for projects.
• Review and monitors all design activities related to layout, constructability, maintainability, operability, and safety.
• Reviews and monitors all tasks / projects within his/her group.
• Build and maintains discipline and morale for his/her group.
• Ensures proper training occurs when required and promotes skill development within his/her group.
• B.S. degree in a recognized engineering field from an accredited institution or equivalent education based on experience in the industry.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of engineering plus task supervision of multi-discipline team of designers and engineers.
• General gas turbine knowledge
• Ability to teach and coach
• Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
• Experience leading a team
• Due to the nature of the work being performed, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Desired experiences and skills include:
• Experience in aerospace industry
• Resource Management experience
If you are interested in this Design Group Lead job in Indianapolis, IN, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Indianapolis , IN
Minimum Experience (yrs): 10
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart