Leidos Distribution Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Distribution Engineer Locations: Charlotte NC, Indianapolis IN, Cincinnati OH, Orlando FL
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering. The Distribution Engineer' work would include electric utility distribution engineering design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages. Preferred experience would include assessment and development of design bid packages for complex cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, coordination of conflicting utilities, work permit development, design of mainline and vault medium voltage switchgear, network system design, and distribution system protection and coordination requirements.
• Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Design engineering experience is preferred, but training is available
• Design engineering experience is preferred, but training is available
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• EIT is preferred
• Experience with design standards
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
• Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
• Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
• IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
• Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.