Belcan Engine Controls Group Lead in Indianapolis, Indiana
Engine Controls Group Lead
Job Number: 282770
Category: ENG - Software SBU
Description: An Engine Controls Group Lead Engineer job is currently available in Indianapolis, IN. This job is a full time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, the selected resource will split time between being on-site with the customer reviewing project status, understanding potential new working coming in, and coordinating new and existing SOWs and at the Belcan facility. Job scope will include project management and technical execution on a SOW(s) within the System/Software realm. This may include, but is not limited to; performing system or software verification tasks to satisfy the requirements of DO-178B Control Systems, requirements generation and review, problem report creation/review and/or power electronics design.
Engine Control Group Lead job duties:
• Leads team in the development of project scope, or develops it independently.
• Provides technical direction to the team.
• Reviews time tickets, yearly performance reviews, and salary actions.
• Identifies problem areas and provide action plans.
• Coordinates closely with Section Lead
• May fill Project Manager or discipline lead role.
• Establishes liaison with client, determines client requirements and assures that all details are issued to and understood by the members of the project team.
• Acts as technical consultant for projects.
• Provides back up to the Project Managers.
• Reviews and monitors all projects within his/her group.
• Build and maintains discipline and morale for his/her group.
• Ensures proper training occurs when required and promotes skill development within his/her group.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Software development, Controls, Systems Engineering or a related field.
• 5-10 years of work experience involving aerospace engine controls
• Must be “self-motivated” and able to set priority and direction with minimal guidance.
• Excellent people interaction, teamwork, and oral/ written communication skills.
• Belcan performs government contract work which requires U.S. citizenship for this position. Due to the nature of work performed, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
• Experience with systems integration, software, systems, verification, DO178B/C, DO254, DO160, DOORS, etc.
• Experience with aerospace engine controls, components, and general engine functionality from a mechanical/electrical approach.
• General software coding knowledge.
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Experiences with the following: Real-time simulator (RTS), SEGTEST, Lucol, VMS, MKS Integrity, CVS (Concurrent Versions System), Python, C code, etc.
• Experience directly interfacing with the customer and/or potential customers
If you are interested in this Engine Controls Group Lead job in Indianapolis, IN, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Indianapolis , IN
Minimum Experience (yrs): 5-10
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart