Guidehouse Impact Evaluation Engineer Managing Consultant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Managing Consultants have responsibility for client management, solution implementation, and generation of project results. You will own project workstreams and interact with the client daily to ensure engagement success. This includes supporting day-to-day operational meetings with client sponsors and consulting leaders. Managing Consultants are expected to prepare and communicate well-organized, effective reports and presentations to client and internal executives. You will lead, coach, and mentor consultants and ensure quality deliverables.
As members of our team, consultants work with clients involved in a wide range of energy-related activities, particularly in the field of distributed energy resource (DER) strategies including energy efficiency, renewable energy, and demand management. The consultant will perform a wide range of activities including DER program evaluation, program and policy planning, and market and technology assessments. This includes involvement and interaction with utility companies, program implementers, government agencies, industry representatives, trade organizations, end-use customers, and efficiency advocates. We encourage career development and hire for the long term. As a Managing Consultant, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you hone your project management skills, leadership abilities, and the aptitude for managing multiple workstreams, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Associate Director level.
· Graduate’s degree in an engineering, business, environmental, science and/or related discipline
· 1-3 years industry or consulting experience
· Strong interest in business strategy, energy efficiency and sustainability
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proactive and independent work style
· Ability to assume ownership of significant portions of tasks while collaborating with a close-knit team
· An inquisitive nature and desire for continuous improvement
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Highly developed organizational and management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel as needed
· Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
· Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
· Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
· Frequently travels by airplane, train, or car as necessary to perform work at another location
· Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
· Generally works in an office environment
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
This salary range for this role is $71,800 USD to $107,700 USD depending on experience
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Guidehouse Jobs