Danaher Corporation Injection Molding Manufacturing Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Injection Molding Manufacturing Engineer will lead a team of peers in developing robust injection molding processes to insure maximum productivity and product quality in a precision injection molding and injection blow mold facility.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- /polypropylene Experience preferred/
• Monitor and analyze molding process performance to define continuous improvement opportunities in daily production, research current production capability improvements and implement cost reduction and product reliability solutions.
• Guide establishment of process control limits and standard work instructions.
• Develop and implement processing and tooling standards.
• Create Statements of Work and lead designs for specialized molding, assembly and secondary equipment.
• Lead equipment maintenance projects and provide technical expertise to facilities team.
• Lead production layout improvement projects to increase flexibility and material flow.
• Develop and maintain molding process and tooling documentation to provide data driven scientific approach to process and tooling adjustments.
• Establish and maintain testing and documentation of new and existing molds, machines and processes for robust performance and maximum productivity.
• Evaluates plastic processing and maintenance equipment for productivity/quality improvement and/or cost reduction and initiates business cases for new capital equipment.
• Lead automation development and maintenance projects which includes development of HMI, process logic, safety, non-contact measurement, power consumption and up time requirements.
• Process and equipment qualification and validation
• Ability to implement customer focused solutions within an ISO 13485/21 CFR820 compliant manufacturing environment
• Team player and ability to build good working relationships.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
Education & Skills:
• BS in Plastics Engineering, Industrial Technology, ME or MET with plastics manufacturing related discipline.
• Solid understanding of injection molding and injection blow molding techniques and manufacturing processes.
• Solid understanding of data driven analysis methods such as DOE, SPC, Mold Flow Analysis and FMEA knowledge and experience in Scientific Molding such as e-Dart/RJG.
• Skills and training in systematic approach to solving problems through root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation.
• Medical experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project and PowerPoint
• Familiar with Lean principles
• Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
• Oracle experience a plus
• Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) experience in developing scientific molding processes and leading tooling/automation projects in high volume/high tolerance injection molding.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis
Req ID: BEC009370