Deloitte Java Developer (Microservices/Angular/React) - Consultant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Systems Engineering Java Developer (Microservices/Angular/React) - Consultant
CORE BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Core Business Operations (CBO) is an integrated set of offerings that addresses our clients' core business issues. CBO provides a gamut of consulting services spanning advisory, implementation and operations. CBO practitioners help our clients transform, modernize, and run their existing technology platforms right from process design to implementation and finally ensuring roll-out transition.
CBO has four different offerings — Systems Engineering focused on design, delivery and support of large scale software applications and integrated systems; Cloud Engineering focused on end-to-end cloud services from migration strategy into transformation and cloud operations; Core Industry Solutions focused on industry vertical, sector specific solutions that drive operational change and automate the core of the business; and Operations Transformation focused on creating a flexible, innovative business model for clients supported by a strong operations foundation. CBO serves clients across Life Sciences and Health Care, Government & Public Services and Financial Services among other industries.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Systems Engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Engineering practice.
As a Consultant at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying large scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in the Java J2EE technology stack. You will work with functional and technical teams on the project located across shores. You will need to understand functional requirements and should be able to develop technical design, using design patterns and be able to communicate the same effectively to the team members.
The Work you’ll do
• Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects
• Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
• Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project.
• Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code
• Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
CBO practitioners work on design, delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to cloud based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector focused packages. As a Java/J2EE capability hire on this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or cloud based service.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
4 to 6 years of web or application development experience using Java / JEE, technology stack.
Skills / Project Experience - required:
• Strong conceptual knowledge of: OOPS, Core Java, Collections, Multithreading etc.
• Experience with working on frameworks: Spring Boot all modules, Spring/Struts, JDBC, Hibernate, WebServices (SOAP/REST).
• Experience on web/application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WildFly, WebSphere etc.).
• Experience in writing comprehensive UI unit test cases using Jasmine and Karma.
• Understanding of component-based design and able to create independent UI components.
• Able to identify and create common UI components and component library.
• Understanding of building UI applications using Webpack.
• Experience with software design patterns like creational, structural, behavioral and concurrency patterns.
• Experience in DevOps process and tools like Jenkins/Bamboo/UrbanCode also build technology like Maven/Gradle
• Experience with Github/Bitbucket/Subversion,/Perforce etc. versioning systems.
• Experience with micro services development using Spring/Spring boot or any other technology framework.
• Ability to work with automated unit test frameworks like Junit and Mockito.
• Ability to write SQL with complex joins on RDBMS, understanding of database functions
• Ability to quickly learn and deliver on analogous technologies not previously worked on.
• Ability to communicate clearly across teams in the project
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Skills / Project Experience - good to have:
• Experience in working with Log aggregators, application monitoring tools and config servers.
• Experience in developing and deploying applications to cloud platforms AWS, GCP, PCF etc.
• Knowledge of ngRx is preferred.
• Good to have experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB/ Apache Cassandra
• Experience with JMS, listeners configuration, queue configuration etc., batch scheduling techniques
• Experience on Agile/Scrum based delivery.
• Industry recognized Technology Certifications
• Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html) CBOSESDEJ&DNAMKS
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs