Graybar Manager, Comm Data Business in Indianapolis, Indiana
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Purpose Responsible for attaining or exceeding the sales and gross margin rate budgets for the sales territory and implementing the district's market plan(s) to assist the district in achieving its sales and marketing objectives in the Comm Data market. Applicable to both the Enterprise and Broadband markets.
This position will cover Indianapolis, Lafayette, Fort Wayne and South Bend locations.
- Develop business plans that support the Comm Data market within the assigned territory; work with appropriate sales personnel to develop tactical plans to implement the district plan; develop assigned sales territory business plans with suppliers that District Marketing has identified as strategic.
- Implement the sales management process utilizing sales rep business plans, pre-call plans, and post-call coaching debriefs; establish annual sales and gross margin rates for market applicable sales reps or other sales personnel within the district.
- Evaluate industry and business trends for potential impact on the district; identify key business opportunities and potential threats within the assigned sales territory.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and suppliers so that the assigned sales territory is properly positioned within the marketplace; provide guidance and support in the retention of profitable business.
- Ensure the assigned sales territory has implemented effective recruiting, staffing, employee development, performance management, and succession planning programs in Comm Data; ensure a consistent focus on delivering high quality customer service.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate tools and training programs within the assigned sales territory to support the Comm Data business growth.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements Minimum Job Requirements Minimum of 5 years of experience required: Progressively responsible business or wholesale distribution industry experience High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements Four-year degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Knowledge * _Knowledge of the wholesale distribution industry * Knowledge of the Company's business, customers, suppliers, and external market conditions * Knowledge of the Comm Data business * Knowledge of the Company's policies and procedures * Knowledge of financial analysis methods and techniques * Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and practices _Skills * Leadership and supervisory skills * Analytical and problem solving skills * Planning and organizational skills * Oral and written communication and presentation skills * Listening skills * Results orientation skills * Negotiation and mathematical skills Abilities * Ability to leverage district and branch resources effectively * Ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve results through others * Ability to make quality fact-based decisions using appropriate information * Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key customers and suppliers * Ability to be an effective member of and lead complex project teams * Ability to effectively use standard office applications software Working Conditions Office environment. Extensive travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Manager, Comm Data Business
- Graybar Jobs