Mid America Clinical Laboratories Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Technician in Indianapolis, Indiana
Join the MACL team onsite at St Vincent's at the 86th Street campus on the northwest side of the city. Advance your knowledge in this fast-paced lab and work with a team of experienced colleagues where you can learn and grow your skills.
This is a NIGHT SHIFT position, 4 10 hour shifts weekly, covering 8:00 PM - 6:30 AM.
In cooperation with the department manager, the technologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens. The ideal candidate will have one or more years' experience as a Generalist in a medical laboratory setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology with one year internship from an accredited School of Medical Laboratory Science / Medical Technology OR
- BS/BA in Laboratory Science like Biology or Chemistry with 2 years clinical experience OR
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) and meets qualifications to be a general supervisor under CLIA'88 regulations
- A graduate of an Associates program will be considered as well. It is required that graduates of an MLT program have attended a program that is accredited by NAACLS.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT), or equivalent.
- A strong desire to serve patients and be a critical part of medical decisions
- Ability to communicate and instruct effectively
- Make independent technical and ethical decisions
- Operate simple and high complexity instrumentation
- Perform simple and high complexity manual and automated procedures
- Organizational skills to perform multiple tasks simultaneously for maximum efficiency
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory, principles, and techniques of laboratory medicine to provide services appropriate to the age of the customer served. Refer to the competency addendum for applicable age-specific skills.
MACL associates enjoy comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term, and long-term disability, life insurance options, 401(k), and more!