Kronos Practice Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
Indianapolis - Indiana - USA
Professional Services and Consulting
The Practice Manager will lead a team of individual contributors responsible for delivering the Kronos Workforce Central (WFC) and Workforce Dimensions products to customers within our Indianapolis Tech Center (ITC). The ITC serves not only as a collaborative office inclusive of the various workgroups within Kronos, but also as an onboarding facility to train and mentor newer resources. Individual in this role will also be responsible for creating and sustaining a culture of highly engaged employees through the facilitation of development, continued learning, clear directions and expectations, and continued process improvement.
Please note this role is based out of our Indianapolis office full time and is not a remote opportunity.
• Manage a team of employees by providing goals, feedback, development, and continued learning as well as provide technical leadership/guidance to ensure projects are completed within expectations
• Collaborate with direct team members, Project Managers, and peers to establish monthly delivery forecast that align with established organizational goals
• Anticipate problems or situations that could affect the team or peers and develop and execute best solution. Track and monitor all team projects as well as monitor team performance and productivity metrics
• Manage escalated situations, establish appropriate remediation plans, and execute the plan to remedy the situation
• Create a collaborative environment within the direct business team and throughout Kronos and encourage open/honest communication
• Continually solicit feedback from team members, peers, and supervisors to find new or better ways to operate, improve efficiency, and/or develop themselves
• Drive the business to continually improve processes and efficiencies. This includes practicing risk taking as well as creating an environment where employees take risks
• Proactively communicate relevant information to team members, peers, and superiors
• Ensure all personal and team administrative tasks are completed timely and accurately and following established best practices and methodologies
• Maintain fiscal responsibility within your team
• BS degree and 10+ years of experience, with 3+ years of people management
• Experience working for a Cloud company or having managed an implementation team
• Experience with Workforce Management, HR/Payroll software is a plus
• Strong analytical skills with the track record of driving change and process improvements
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and changing environments and demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to work with all levels of individuals in an organization
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.