PDS Tech Inc Principle Electrical Engineer I - Power Design in Indianapolis, Indiana
PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Principle Electrical Engineer I – Power Design, in Indianapolis, IN.
• Design power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies (DC/DC and AC/DC; non-isolated and isolated).
• Architect circuit card assembly-level power schemes.
• Utilize power conversion simulation programs (like SIMPLIS or Saber) to model converter design performance.
• Utilize analysis tools like Mathcad to assess electrical design robustness of power circuitry.
• Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
• Perform high level thermal analyses of critical power components.
• Design power converters to meet a set of requirements, sometimes defining those requirements.
• Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and sometimes define the schedule.
• Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff.
• Act as a liaison between program and functional management.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance.
• Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University.
• A minimum of four to six years professional work experience required, or two to four years’ experience with a Master’s degree in a STEM relate discipline
• Must have design, analysis, and/or test experience with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits.
• Must have design, analysis, and/or test experience with linear converters, and any of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
• Must have experience using PSPICE (or similar), and other circuit simulation tools.
• Must have experience with analysis tools such as Mathcad.
• Must have design and/or test experience with thermal concerns of electronics.
• Must have design and/or test experience with taking, analyzing, and correcting Bode plots.
• Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and be able to function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
• Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication skills.
• Must be customer-focused.
• Design, analysis, or test experience with any of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, push-pull. Professional experience with digital power control.
• Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and Hyperlynx.
• Experience with guiding ECAD designers through layout (power focus).
• Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades.
• Experience with military specifications or similar (MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464)
• Experience with transformer and inductor design considerations.
• Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) concerns.
• Design experience with voltages > 400V.
• Design experience with power > 10 kW.
• Leadership experience.
• Experience with program management tools such as Earned Value.
• Experience with proposal development.
• Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of related work experience or 16 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.