Carrier Product Safety Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
United States of America
CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions.
The candidate will work closely with the Residential/Light Commercial HVAC Product Safety Officer to investigate reports of product safety incidents, which may include fact gathering, product inspections, metric tracking, documentation, and root cause analysis. Product Safety teams may include Engineering, Quality, and Carrier’s distribution partners. Candidate will also participate with Engineering and Quality project teams by utilizing FMEA and other tools to ensure the safety of residential HVAC products and customers. This position plays an important role in product investigations, new product development, and sustaining.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join engineering. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented team member to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation and success.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following plus other assignments as needed:
• Document and report factual information from various sources
• Lead investigation team(s), facilitate root cause and drive to closure
• Use standard work tools to determine risk
• Prepare and present status and root case material to leadership
• Participate in project governance reviews as needed
• Work with Safety Officer to perform product safety reviews
• Drive continuous improvement
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Responsible for organization and status of incidents utilizing internal tracking database
• Work with low to moderate guidance from safety officer and manager
• Apply fundamental knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5+ years of applicable experience
• Certification/experience in a recognized problem-solving methodology
• Experience working in a team environment with internal and external customers
• Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences including cross functional team members, senior leaders, and external customers
• Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
• Self-starter with ability to learn quickly
• Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link at https://www.corporate.carrier.com/legal/privacy-notice-job-applicant/ to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
- Carrier Jobs