Kelly Services Public Health Investigator in Indianapolis, Indiana
Kelly Services is seeking a Public Health Investigator for our client in Indianapolis IN.
Purpose of Position The COVID-19 CDC Reporting Public Health Investigator (PHI) serves within the Epidemiology Resource Center (ERC) at the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH). The purpose of this position is to minimize morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19 among Indiana residents by conducting a variety of investigative and epidemiologic activities. The PHI assists the epidemiologists and team leads in routine surveillance, data management, and other grant activities. The PHI provides additional capacity in COVID-19 case completion and review as well as student intern management.
• Coordinate with local health departments, hospitals, and other partners to ensure timely and accurate collection of COVID-19 case investigation data
• Assist in supervising a team of student interns who will focus on manual data entry of COVID19 case investigations
• Assist COVID-19 case investigation data entry within the NBS surveillance system
• Responsible for customer service regarding reporting and general disease inquiries
• Provide additional capacity for routine surveillance coordination of COVID-19
• Responsible for the coordination and timely completion of grant activities
• Serve as a back-up to the COVID-19 CDC Reporting QA Epidemiologists
• Serve as a backup to other COVID-19 epidemiologists as knowledge base grows •
Perform related duties as assigned
Education: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or 3+ years of relevant public health experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Advanced organizational and teamwork skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of basic statistical procedures and data interpretation
• Experience in public health and program implementation
• Ability to think critically about public health problems and develop collaborative solutions
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
- Kelly Services Jobs