Hanson Professional Services Inc. Regional Traffic Lead in Indianapolis, Indiana
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that and wants to take their career to the next level. Our new teammate is expected to be the technical and business development lead for the traffic engineering and transportation planning services in the Indiana market. Along with managing local clients and tasks, the regional traffic lead is expected to apply creative problem solving skills to assist other markets and regions on high profile, technically challenging, traffic and planning studies across the country. This leadership opportunity is your chance to grow Hanson's traffic engineering and transportation planning portfolio in Indiana with the support and recognition of an established national company.
This position is primarily responsible for procuring and delivering transportation planning and traffic engineering analysis for INDOT and local government agencies.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Concept development using modeling data, geometric design, and safety engineering Delivering traffic engineering and transportation planning studies on time and within budget Continued technical advancement of Hanson’s traffic engineering practice Procuring transportation planning and traffic engineering projects Other duties as assigned
- Analyzing intersections and corridors using Highway Capacity Software and Synchro
- Designing intersections and interchanges using the latest version of MicroStation
- Understanding of the Highway Safety Manual and Highway Capacity Manual
- Familiarity with Vissim, Visum, Cube, and/or TransCAD preferred
- Communicating complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, and public stakeholders
- Building effective relationships with internal and external client bases
- Working independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is required
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in transportation planning or traffic engineering
- Candidate must possess a Professional Engineer’s license. Candidates with Indiana P.E. preferred
- Candidates with a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer certification preferred
Working at Hanson:
- Collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet project demands when needed
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time