PNC Security Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
102172 Security Engineer
Provides subject matter expertise when applying security concepts. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build, and maintain technology solutions. Responsible for deliverables related to project timelines.
Responsible for working with architecture to take high level architectural designs and determine the specifics around implementation details (ex: sizing) integration details, onboarding and operationalization.
Evaluates patches, updates, and ongoing maintenance. Determines impacts to existing solutions when new standards are implemented. Utilizes change control and other governance processes to ensure alignment of solutions .
Develops detailed implementation, configuration, design, and engineering documentation. Build and implement solutions.
Works with operational partners to enable transition and day-to-day supportability.
Provides engineering support to existing technology in a production environment and collaborating with other groups as required. Seeks opportunities to grow a broad knowledge base to complement specific subject matter expertise.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
Mon - Fri 8 am - 5 pm
On call rotation
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IN - Indianapolis, OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Information Security Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the processes, tools and techniques of information security management, ability to deploy and monitor information security systems, as well as detect, resolve and prevent violations of IT security, to protect organizational data.
Information Security Technologies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues; ability to apply these in protecting information security across the organization.
IT Environment - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes and activities; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
IT Systems Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of technical tools to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Network and Internet Security - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the tools and processes for maintaining network and Internet security; ability to develop and implement safeguards for the prevention of intrusion and unauthorized access.
Technical Troubleshooting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Security Engineer, in our Identity and Access Management (IAM) team within PNC’s Cyber Security Operations organization, you will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH. You will have the opportunity to work closely with various Information Technology organizations, Cyber Security organizations and PNC’s lines of business providing consulting services for data protection and identity and access management.
The Windows System Engineer (MCSE) is expected to:
•Engineered and maintain domain trusts, sites and services, AD OU’s and GPO’s.
•Domain controller hardening
•Competence in replication, user/group administration, LDAP, SCOM, IIS, DFS, DNS, DHCP and troubleshooting system health in a Microsoft Windows 2012 / 2016 environment.
•Working knowledge of Dell and EMC Storage Technologies (NAS/SAN).
•Experience implementing and supporting multiple virtualized environments (VMware ESX, Hyper-V, KVM OpenStack).
•Knowledge and experience with Active Directory administration and Group Policy management in a Windows Server environment.
•Create and modify scripts (PowerShell, etc.) as needed for supporting, monitoring and maintaining applications and environment.
•Compliance and audit experience with one or more GLBA, FFIEC, SOX, NIST and others
•Analyze, consult and manage all software and server setup, configuration and maintenance of the internal infrastructure.
•Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
•Review Vulnerabilities and provide mitigation/solution.
•Develop, maintain installation and configuration procedures through the change management process.
•Participates in internal and client project planning for business systems and is relied upon to research and develop solutions/suggestions.
•Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
•Diagnose, test and resolve server related issues and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
•Conduct User Acceptance Testing and train users on new functions and features along with documentation as necessary.
•Perform regular server and application monitoring to prevent production down time.
•Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users as necessary.
•Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
•The Windows System Engineer will ensure that all systems adhere to Corporate Information Technology policies, procedures, and standards.
•Responsible for writing technical documentation for internal and external use.
•Ensure that all users and groups are following security policies and best practice.
•Perform after hour support when necessary.
•Manage all assets and passwords using asset tracking and monitoring software.
•Keep detailed logs of user support issues and time.
•Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and security issues and required course attendance a few times a year.
•Other tasks as assigned by the IT Support Supervisor.
Desired Qualifications, Education & Experience
•4-year college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or a combination of relevant current certifications and experience
•Minimum of 4 years of job-related experience as an MCSE
•Strong technical skills across multiple disciplines including Active Directory, Backup Exec, Windows Server platforms, File Server Administration, SAN Technologies, and patch management in a Virtualized environment