EY Senior Business Analyst in Indianapolis, Indiana
Senior Business Analyst
Core Business Services
Requisition # UNI00HVQ
Post Date Apr 27, 2021
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Technology solutions are also integrated into the Client and Community Engagement services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the most affordable possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The Enterprise Technology (ET) Corporate Responsibility/Community Engagement team is in need of an experienced Business analyst to manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements (business, stakeholder, solution) and support the ongoing management of the requirements in the SAFE Agile framework. The successful candidate will play an integral role in delivering corporate responsibility initiatives and community engagement efforts that impact thousands of people worldwide through citizen science efforts (i.e. Zooniverse) and learning outreach (ie. Arist text based learning) initiatives, etc. The vacancy is due to an internal growth opportunity for the existing employee.
Your key responsibilities
• Building the foundation for the development effort by capturing the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups
• Developing requirements (business, user and software requirements — functional and non-functional) and establishing traceability to the business vision
• Playing a critical communications role by interacting with user (business domain) and with developers and testing personnel (technical domain)
• Ensuring the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
• Ability to navigate the IT team and business sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; building organization and structure to requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements in an efficient manner
• Firm understanding of SAFE Agile software approach to requirements development (i.e. elicitation, analysis, specification and validation)
• Proficient requirement meeting facilitator, demonstrated experience in facilitating sessions using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle
• Writing and reviewing business, user and non-functional/system level requirements in the form of Use Cases, UML, and other similar structured requirements documentation
• Responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements
• Understanding the business case and project scope
• Ensuring that quality business analysis standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
• Business analysis role with personal accountability for delivering and managing requirements to time and cost for projects typically up to $500k in value and 12 to 18 months in duration
• Demonstrated experience writing and reviewing business, user and non-functional/system level requirements
• Comfortable dealing with difficult stakeholders and opinionated developers and architects during facilitated sessions and during the development lifecycle
• Adept at getting sign off of business (functional and supplemental) requirements from user community
• Experience in selecting and executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Documentation Study and Surveys and overall Process Re-engineering
• Experience of relationships with senior customer staff
• Development and deployment of formal business analysis methods and tools (Azure DevOps)
• Solid understanding of the SAFE Agile process a must(Grooming backlog, T-shirt sizing, etc).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience in developing Requirements Resource and Requirements Work plans
• Aspiration to Project management as this position will require some PM work.
What we look for
The successful candidate must be able to grasp ambiguous stakeholder aspirations and transform those into clear requirements that provide fit-for-purpose business solutions. This requires the candidate to immerse themselves in the stakeholders business and truly understand the business drivers, impacts, etc.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs