Raytheon Technologies Senior Electrical Engineer – Digital Design in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Senior Electrical Engineer will contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules, FPGAs, and/or CCAs for a variety of DoD applications. The Senior Electrical Engineer must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card and/or FPGA design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple effective design completions (including hardware/firmware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART).
This role functions in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects.
This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or FPGAs and will be expected to apply rigorous and systematic design processes to ensure total design compliance.
This role interfaces with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake holders to ensure program targets are achieved.
The role requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques.
Candidates are expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision.
Effective candidates should expect to be immersed in a exciting, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an person with ability and initiative can stand out and thrive. Occasional travel (10% to 15%) could be required.
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
• Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, processor designs a plus
• Demonstrated ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration
• Experience with PCB design tasks and demonstrated ability to use tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware implementation.
• Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
• A strong advocate for process improvement
• Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
• Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple project
• A self-motivated and effective communicator
• Ability to prioritize work of others and handle multiple tasks at a time
• Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
• Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
• Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
• Team and project leadership skills
• Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
• Experience guiding a program transition from development to production
• Demonstrated ability to guide technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities
• Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field and 6+ years of related work experience.178451
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs