Belcan Senior Systems and Software Verification Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Senior Systems and Software Verification Engineer
Job Number: 288014
Category: ENG - Software SBU
Description: A Senior Systems and Software Verification Engineer job in Indianapolis, IN is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and at least five years of experience. In this job you will need a technical background in systems verification, embedded systems, controls, development, testing, or software programming.
Senior Systems and Software Verification Engineer job duties:
• Support an update to the embedded software for the engine controller on a US military aircraft application.
• Support system and software verification for changes denoted in problem reports.
• Use traceability data to identify requirement code elements affected to produce verification artifacts and reports.
• Will be expected to contribute to the Work Instructions and updating plans and standards as necessary.
• Will be responsible for both system level and software blackbox testing.
• Provide technical direction to internal team.
• Act as primary point of contact for client on technical status, determine client requirements and assure that all details are issued to and understood by the members of the project team.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Software development, Controls, Systems Engineering or a related field.
• 5-10 years of work experience involving aerospace engine controls.
• Experience with Python scripting.
• Must be “self-motivated” and able to set priority and direction with minimal guidance.
• Excellent people interaction, teamwork, and oral/ written communication skills.
• Belcan performs government contract work which requires U.S. Citizenship for this position. Due to the nature of the work performed, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
Desired experience and skills include:
• Experience with systems integration, software, systems, verification, DO178B/C, DO254, DO160, DOORS, etc.
• Experience with aerospace engine controls, components, and general engine functionality from a mechanical/electrical approach.
• Ability to write technical reports
If you are interested in this Senior Systems and Software Verification job in Indianapolis,IN, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Indianapolis , IN
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart