Sallie Mae Software Engineer, Senior II in Indianapolis, Indiana
Software Engineer, Senior II
Req ID R01691
What You Bring:
- 10+ years of experience as a full-time software developer or engineer.
- 10+ years full stack development.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and experience working in Agile methodologies.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code.
- Experience working with automated testing platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with peers and management.
- Skill for writing reusable and platform libraries.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Experience with asynchronous processing.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable and highly available application.
- Strong understanding and experience writing unit tests.
10+ years of experience:
C# .NET backend development and strong knowledge of .NET platform.
- Fluent in two or more programming languages: C#, Groovy, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and Scala.
Designing, developing and consuming RESTful, SOAP and GraphQL based web services for mission critical, high volume systems.
Technical Lead experience guiding junior team members on improving their craft.
- Working on large enterprise distributed systems.
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools: git
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
Extra Credit :
- Programming experience multiple scripting and programming languages and supporting technologies such as Reagent/React, Clojure/Clojurescript, AWS Lamda, Java, Python, R, Ruby, Go, bash, Swift, Beanstalk, VSTS.
- Hands on experience with functional programming languages.
- Software architecture experience.
- Test driven development. (TDD)
- Experience with Event Driven and event sourced architectures leveraging microservices.
- Experience designing/developing robust API's for mission critical, high volume systems. (RESTful, GraphQL)
- 3+ years working at an enterprise application architecture level.
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud solutions either in AWS or Azure or GCP.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud PaaS offerings.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure native cloud components.
- Experience working in financial services industry, regulated compliance environment.
Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Indianapolis, IN
Date Posted Apr 25, 2018